So papa bear is going to Kansas City, Missouri soon for his second round of training. I'm thinking of taking baby bear up there with me for a couple of weeks. Does anyone know of any fun things to do with kids? Any advice is appreciated! Just leave your tips in the comments section. Now on to the Random Dozen. Oh and don't forget to join in at 2nd Cup of Coffee!
1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?
I'm not sure. I'll have to answer this one later. ;-)
2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?
Ugh it takes me forever to fall asleep. I usually sleep well unless some noise wakes me up, or I have to pee. Then it takes me forever to fall asleep again.
3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?
Hello? The 80s. You could do anything and get away with it. But actually I love the look of the 50s dresses. I would love if those came back in style. But I don't see that happening. Modesty is out the window these days.
4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?
I like my chicken spaghetti. Not sure if anyone else feels the same way.
5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?
Almost three years of my husband being under-employed have taught me not to impulse shop. Maybe the last thing I got on impulse was a pair of sunglasses from Target.
6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?
Geez. How depressing. I guess I would want it to be more of a party than a sad, goodbye type of thing.
7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?
My son getting a kick of throwing his tennis ball up the stairs and watching it roll down. (He's three.)
8. What is your favorite type of bread?
Yes. Oh, do I have to pick just one? Sorry...can't do it.
9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)
Laziness is a real issue for me, considering I've been sick for awhile. Until I was diagnosed with Vitamin D & B12 deficiency, I thought I was so lazy. Now I realize that there is a medical reason for my exhaustion. It is very freeing.
10. What trait would you like most to develop?
Calm grace. Hubby's grandmother is someone I want to be like. She is very calm & graceful, but totally approachable.
11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?
Hmmm. My house is overrun by toys. Maybe the guest room, because sometimes that's how I feel.
12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?
God first, hubby second, son third. Whatever else I have time for usually falls into place.