Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Here are the rules:
1. Choose the 4th picture folder on your computer.
2. Choose the 4th picture.
3. Explain the picture.
4. Tag 4 people to do the same.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Tuesday, November 11, 2008
- I love how you say “book read” when you want me to read you a book.
- I love when you say “by back” when you are pretending to go away and come back.
- I love how you grunt and say “heavy” when something is heavy for you.
- I love when you swing and you say “down” when you are ready to move on to something else, and then you make your rotations to every piece of equipment on the swing.
- I love how you do your ABC and 123 puzzle and you know the letters and numbers!
- I love how you get all the empty cups and dishes and put them in the sink.
- I love how you kiss all your teddy grahams before you eat them.
- I love how you want to pray at dinner time.
- I love when you say “walk” when you want to get down.
- I love how you’ve started wanting to put on your own shoes.
- I love hearing you clap & cheer when you hear it on TV or the radio.
- I love how you say “puppy” when you see the neighbor’s dog’s nose under our fence.
- I love how you point out the shapes on the street signs when we are driving around.
- I love how you help me with grocery shopping by putting the items in the cart and then on the belt when we check out.
- I love how you’ve started copying everything I say.
- I love how you say “hi” when you are playing and I walk into the room.
- I love how well you are doing in Sunday school with Ms. Becky.
- I love how you put everything in its place…just how you want it to go.
- I love how you look to your Daddy for approval. You love him so much!
- I love hearing you sing in the back seat along with the radio.
- I love hearing you read your books to Mommy.
- I love hearing you talk. I just love your little voice!
Saturday, November 8, 2008
Wednesday, November 5, 2008
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Monday, October 27, 2008
Friday, October 24, 2008
Well, unless we are totally off base, we don't think Bryan got the job. His current company is being evicted Monday so Bryan will be totally without a job. Guys please pray for me. I heard a testimony on Wednesday from a woman who described her time of trial as she was barely holding on with the very tips of her fingers and ready to just let go and give up. Well that is where I am now. I'm really struggling today with keeping that line of communication open with God. I really want to just shut everything off. I'm so angry right now. Bryan is such a loyal, hard worker and we have struggled with this issue our entire marriage. I just don't understand. I don't... I'm sorry to vent, but we really just need a break from all of this. It is really starting to take its toll on us as a family.
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Boy am I glad I wasn't having a party back there or something. What a nice surprise that would have been! Well...at least we know we are protected...
Maybe I'll see my house on COPS.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
We got there with David screaming and crying which disturbed us even more because he usually calms down in the car. But within 20 minutes we knew he was going to be okay because he was trying to explore the entire hospital.
He is thankfully okay, but they decided to check him out to make sure. We have a fun night ahead of us, as we have to wake him up every 2 hours to make sure he is okay.
But my main purpose is to give thanks to God for keeping His hand of protection over our little baby boy. I think I was worse off than David because I probably aged 20 years in one hour.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
- I love how you mimic everything we say. You are so smart!
- I love how you put your puzzle together all by yourself. It is so fun to see your little mind at work.
- I love how you could go outside and swing all day if we would let you.
- I love hearing you sleep in your room. Sometimes I even sneak in to watch you sleep.
- I love how you & Daddy play 3-2-1 blast off every morning.
- I love how you laugh when Daddy tickles you.
- I love how you run.
- I love when you give me kisses.
- I love how you point to Midnight’s bowl when it is empty.
- I love watching you learn.
- I love seeing you do your ABC puzzle and how you are starting to know what the letters are.
- I love how when you are done eating you are ready to clean up right away…just like Mommy!
- I love it when you put your head on my shoulder and let me cuddle with you.
- I love your curiosity.
- I love how you carry your ball up the stairs and let it roll down. You get so tickled.
- I love how you wipe your mouth when you are done eating…just like a big boy!
- I love how you “blow” your nose.
- I love playing peek-a-boo with you.
- I love eating breakfast with you.
- I love how you get so happy when your Daddy gets home from work.
- I love seeing the world through your eyes.
Friday, October 10, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Bryan will be going for a 2nd interview on Thursday to meet other staff members. No time yet, but please pray that everything goes well and that God will just speak His words through Bryan. Thanks everyone!
Oh, check out this blog. It was just what I needed to read today. Love you all!
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
It was interesting going back to work. I now know what it is like being a working mom, and I have to say "I don't like it!" The actual working part was okay. I got to work with my former coworker, which was nice. And it was a lot more laid back than it used to be. But all-in-all it was a good experience, and of course I would be willing to help out if they ever need me in the future.
But I can say for certain that my main priority is my son. I'm so glad to be back at home with him. I'm so thankful that God has allowed me the opportunity to be able to stay home with him, because I know so many mothers who aren't able to do it even though they want to. I know my calling is to be a stay-at-home mom, and working away from home for two weeks just confirmed it. My heart wasn't in being away from home.
We survived Ike with very minor damage to our fence and a few shingles missing. My sis & my niece are back at home and getting on with their normal lives. I miss my dad staying with us, though. I was getting used to our talks in the evening when he got home from work.
Oh I have to share how proud of David I am. He just recently started saying "Octagon" and actually pointing to the shape. It feels so wonderful to have all that hard work starting to pay off! I love my little blessing from God.
Anyway, that's all I have for now. Not much else going on... Talk to y'all later!
Friday, September 12, 2008
- I love how you spin around and around and make yourself fall down and you laugh so hard.
- I love how you start talking and you have entire conversations, even though I don’t always know what you are saying.
- I love how you lay down next to Midnight and cuddle with him when he is on the floor next to you.
- I love how you like to help me around the house. You help Mommy so much with the laundry and dishes, and you are a little pro at cleaning up your room!
- I love how you say “Hey” to people all around you and how you say it when you like something Mommy has said.
- I love how you like to sit on the bathroom counter and brush your teeth while I brush mine.
- I love how you like to pray before our meals. Sometimes you hold out your hands over and over and insist that we “paay”.
- I love how you point out trucks, flags, towers, cranes, trains and planes when we are driving!
- I love your one dimple!
- I love when we go out in your wagon. I love pulling you around and watching you point out the birds, clouds and trees.
- I love how you go get my shoes, put them on, and then go get your shoes when you want to go outside and play.
- I love how you go to the CD player and start pushing the on/off button when you want to listen to your music.
- I love when you like a song and start singing and swaying to the music.
- I love cuddling on the couch with you in the morning while I enjoy my coffee and you enjoy your milk.
- I love how you will bring a book to me when you want to read.
- I love how you help me water the plants! You are so good at pointing out which ones I’ve missed.
- I love how you push your rocket and wagon around the house and roll up the rugs so you can have hills to roll over.
- I love when you crawl up into the chair in Mommy’s & Daddy’s bedroom and are so proud to sit there like a big boy.
- I love hearing you talk and play in the morning before Daddy comes to get you out of bed.
- I love how when you find something on the floor that doesn’t belong, you immediately pick it up and bring it to me.
- I love your sweet nature, good sense of humor, eagerness to laugh and most of all your kisses and hugs!
Okay that's 21 but I thought of an extra one!
Monday, September 8, 2008
Tuesday when I went to pick him up, he gave me a big "HI" and then went back to playing with his toy. That was so funny. I was like "well you got over me fast". Ha ha.
Thursday he was a little more hesitant to go in, because he knew what was going on. So he was crying before I even took him into the room. It is so hard to leave him when he is crying, but they say that's the best thing to do. Then while eating my lunch alone (sniff, sniff), I called to see if he was napping and he was! That made me feel tons better, because he usually refuses to sleep anywhere except his bed.
They send home a report with everything he does for the day which is like opening a present when I get in the car. I can't wait to get him buckled in, so I can see what he's been doing all day!
Okay that's all for now. Hope everyone has a great week!
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Monday, September 1, 2008
Sunday evening (yes we went to church Sunday morning) we went to a luao, hosted by a long-time co-worker friend of ours. He’s always been a blast to hang out with, along with his wife. The theme was LaBoar day, so in traditional luao style, they roasted a whole pig appropriately named Gustav. That was interesting to watch, but even yummier to eat. Thanks Gustav! The only part of the evening that wasn’t desirable for me was the fact that it was outdoors in the evening. If you refer to my previous post, I do not like eating outdoors while competing with the flies for my food or being attacked by blood-thirsty mosquitoes. But David was happy to go swimming with Daddy, and he had a great time which is all that really matters anyway. All in all, it was a great time.
Today we went to Dad’s house for a barbeque with my sis, Melissa, and her husband, Aaron. My sweet niece & nephew were there too, whom David just loves. But Dad was working, so he wasn't there. :( We had yummy brisket & sausage. Good job Aaron! Oh yeah and we ate indoors which was awesome! So the only one I was competing with for my food was David. Ha ha.
So that’s the tale of our adventurous weekend. I can’t wait until tomorrow, so I can rest a little! :)
Thursday, August 28, 2008
I was so nervous because I wasn't sure how David would react and I wasn't totally 100% with wanting to leave him. But when I walked in his room, I was so relieved. They are so friendly! David has his own little cubby with his name on it, and his name is on the wall too with the other kid's names.
Bryan and I had to drop him off so we could go into the chapel for some basic information. (Yes, Bryan took the day off of work because he's such a wonderful, caring hubby and daddy.) David cried for a few minutes, but when we went back to pick him up he was just playing and having such a good time. His teachers, Ms. Gail and Ms. Rina, said that he only cried for a few minutes and then started playing for the rest of the time. That made me feel so good to see that he wasn't suffering. I'm so proud of my baby boy!
Well that's all for now. I'll post an update soon after he starts officially next week. I just had to share with everyone!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Here are the tagging rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag
1. I am considered an oddball because I enjoy staying home with my 19-month old rather than "use my talents" in the workforce.
2. I hate the heat. I'd rather do anything indoors than step foot outside during the summer. By the way...what is the big deal on eating outside in the summer? Why would anyone want to sweat & eat & swat away flies from their food? Why can't we eat outside late fall/early winter/early spring???
3. If my budget would allow it, I would eat out every day and never cook. Even better would be to hire a personal chef! That would be awesome.
4. One of the highlights of my day since I can remember is opening my mail. Don't ask my why...I have no life and I'm weird. So send me a letter!
5. I am an activist (informally) against having your baby at Oakbend Hospital.
6. Both of our vehicles are at least 10 years old, because we love the feeling of having no payment so much that we can't make ourselves shop for a new one.
Now, to pass this on. I tag the following people:
Okay...that's only four - but I don't know that many bloggers!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Today is your birthday but you are no longer here to celebrate with us. We miss you so much. Little Aaron's birthday celebration was yesterday and I know you would have gone all out to make it special for him. But his mommy is doing a great job. You would be proud. Dad misses you so much. I don't know how much longer he can keep going like this. I pray everyday that I can do something to ease his pain, but I don't know if I'm the one who can do it. David is growing so much, you wouldn't believe. I talk to him about you all the time so he will know who you are. He pointed to your picture the other day and said "Mammaw". We are so proud of him.
We miss you mom. But I'm so happy you are celebrating in heaven. You are having the time of your life, and probably sewing all kinds of little girl dresses up there.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
This weekend this channel BabyFirst TV has been offering a free preview. I don't normally like to let David watch a lot of TV, but I love this channel. I saw the message about the free preview, and I really cannot resist anything that's free. So I turned it on and David was mesmerized by it and was pointing to the objects on the screen that he knows like bird, ball and other things. It was so neat to watch. David was watching the show, and I was watching him. Maybe when Bryan starts getting a regular paycheck I'll actually subscribe to this one!
I'm starting a play group during the week for any moms and toddlers who want to join in. Here is the link.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Oh today when we got home from the church, David was in his carseat and when Bryan went around to get him David looked at him, pointed to his cracker and said "craca". So cute. I guess he liked how we responded because he went around for the next twenty minutes saying "craca, craca, craca".
Tomorrow I'm officially starting my weight-loss diet. I'm counting on all of you to keep me accountable! ;)
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Yes that is my son with oven mitts on his feet. You can thank his Daddy for that. I started with good intentions of trying to get David interested in helping me cook dinner, but you can see where this went.