Site Meter

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How It All Started

 

So I received a suggestion from Amanda for a blog describing how my hubby and I met.  So buckle up, hang on and prepared to be bored to tears.

We first met May 22, 1997 when I started my first job after school.  On a side note, I was really proud of myself for starting work a day before graduation.  Even though it was technical school I felt I had really accomplished something.  Anyway, I remember being introduced to him and the first thing he said was "Hi".  Normally that wouldn't be funny, but he said it all Casanova-like.  He would disagree with me on this, of course.

If it hadn't been for email he never would have asked me out.  That's how we communicated most of the time because we were both so shy.  We were friends for awhile before he invited me to spend New Years' Eve with him.  But since it was last minute we decided to have dinner at The Olive Garden.  Then we drove around looking for a place to get a drink.  But the parking lots were all full, so we decided to go and get chocolate milkshakes for our midnight toast.  (I was very relieved at this, because I was under 21 and was terrified they would card me and I would be embarrassed.  He is 8 years older than me after all.)  So we rang in 1998 with the McDonald's employees at the drive thru window.  A great first date, I might add.

So when was our next date, you ask?  Not until FIVE MONTHS LATER when he asked me out again.  I thought he wasn't interested, because every time I nonchalantly asked him what he was doing, he would say he was going to visit his grandmother or some other family member.  Really, what guy spends that much time with their family?  Well after I got to know him and his family, I realized he really was spending time with them.  Anyway this entire time I had been praying for God to send a good Christian man my way.  When I finally gave up and said "I give up, God.  It is in Your hands."  Bryan asked me to a Bible study the very next day.  Imagine that.  So it was May of 1998 when we really started dating and spending time together and going to Bible study together.  By August of 1998 we were engaged and exactly a year later on August 21, 1999 we were married!

And, as they say, the rest is history.  Thoughts, comments?

Oh I'll be happy to blog on another subject.  Just leave your request in the comments section!

No comments: