Site Meter

Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy LaBoar Day!

Happy Labor Day! Did anyone get any rest? I didn’t. This was a power-packed weekend. Saturday we took Bryan’s step-mom out to celebrate her b-day. Pappasito’s, yum! Next time you go, you should have the lobster quesadillas. Mmmm. Bryan’s sister, Leslie was there and her son, Kazz who didn’t seem to want to be there for lunch. Sorry Kazz, I know you don’t like hanging out with us old folks.

Sunday evening (yes we went to church Sunday morning) we went to a luao, hosted by a long-time co-worker friend of ours. He’s always been a blast to hang out with, along with his wife. The theme was LaBoar day, so in traditional luao style, they roasted a whole pig appropriately named Gustav. That was interesting to watch, but even yummier to eat. Thanks Gustav! The only part of the evening that wasn’t desirable for me was the fact that it was outdoors in the evening. If you refer to my previous post, I do not like eating outdoors while competing with the flies for my food or being attacked by blood-thirsty mosquitoes. But David was happy to go swimming with Daddy, and he had a great time which is all that really matters anyway. All in all, it was a great time.

Today we went to Dad’s house for a barbeque with my sis, Melissa, and her husband, Aaron. My sweet niece & nephew were there too, whom David just loves. But Dad was working, so he wasn't there. :( We had yummy brisket & sausage. Good job Aaron! Oh yeah and we ate indoors which was awesome! So the only one I was competing with for my food was David. Ha ha.

So that’s the tale of our adventurous weekend. I can’t wait until tomorrow, so I can rest a little! :)

No comments: