Site Meter

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Great Test Run!

Today was open house at Mother's Day Out. So yesterday David and I went shopping for his first little backpack. It is so cute and tiny! He helped me pick it out, which was adorable and he was so excited to hold it in the cart while we finished our shopping...like he knew that was just for him. This morning I got up early and made little labels for all of his things he needs to take with him. (We didn't really need all this until Tuesday when he starts, but hey that's how I am. Actually he woke us up at 5:30 this morning, so I figured what the heck. May as well do it now.)

I was so nervous because I wasn't sure how David would react and I wasn't totally 100% with wanting to leave him. But when I walked in his room, I was so relieved. They are so friendly! David has his own little cubby with his name on it, and his name is on the wall too with the other kid's names.

Bryan and I had to drop him off so we could go into the chapel for some basic information. (Yes, Bryan took the day off of work because he's such a wonderful, caring hubby and daddy.) David cried for a few minutes, but when we went back to pick him up he was just playing and having such a good time. His teachers, Ms. Gail and Ms. Rina, said that he only cried for a few minutes and then started playing for the rest of the time. That made me feel so good to see that he wasn't suffering. I'm so proud of my baby boy!

Well that's all for now. I'll post an update soon after he starts officially next week. I just had to share with everyone!

No comments: