Thursday, August 28, 2008
I was so nervous because I wasn't sure how David would react and I wasn't totally 100% with wanting to leave him. But when I walked in his room, I was so relieved. They are so friendly! David has his own little cubby with his name on it, and his name is on the wall too with the other kid's names.
Bryan and I had to drop him off so we could go into the chapel for some basic information. (Yes, Bryan took the day off of work because he's such a wonderful, caring hubby and daddy.) David cried for a few minutes, but when we went back to pick him up he was just playing and having such a good time. His teachers, Ms. Gail and Ms. Rina, said that he only cried for a few minutes and then started playing for the rest of the time. That made me feel so good to see that he wasn't suffering. I'm so proud of my baby boy!
Well that's all for now. I'll post an update soon after he starts officially next week. I just had to share with everyone!
Friday, August 22, 2008
Here are the tagging rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag
1. I am considered an oddball because I enjoy staying home with my 19-month old rather than "use my talents" in the workforce.
2. I hate the heat. I'd rather do anything indoors than step foot outside during the summer. By the way...what is the big deal on eating outside in the summer? Why would anyone want to sweat & eat & swat away flies from their food? Why can't we eat outside late fall/early winter/early spring???
3. If my budget would allow it, I would eat out every day and never cook. Even better would be to hire a personal chef! That would be awesome.
4. One of the highlights of my day since I can remember is opening my mail. Don't ask my why...I have no life and I'm weird. So send me a letter!
5. I am an activist (informally) against having your baby at Oakbend Hospital.
6. Both of our vehicles are at least 10 years old, because we love the feeling of having no payment so much that we can't make ourselves shop for a new one.
Now, to pass this on. I tag the following people:
Okay...that's only four - but I don't know that many bloggers!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Today is your birthday but you are no longer here to celebrate with us. We miss you so much. Little Aaron's birthday celebration was yesterday and I know you would have gone all out to make it special for him. But his mommy is doing a great job. You would be proud. Dad misses you so much. I don't know how much longer he can keep going like this. I pray everyday that I can do something to ease his pain, but I don't know if I'm the one who can do it. David is growing so much, you wouldn't believe. I talk to him about you all the time so he will know who you are. He pointed to your picture the other day and said "Mammaw". We are so proud of him.
We miss you mom. But I'm so happy you are celebrating in heaven. You are having the time of your life, and probably sewing all kinds of little girl dresses up there.
Sunday, August 10, 2008
This weekend this channel BabyFirst TV has been offering a free preview. I don't normally like to let David watch a lot of TV, but I love this channel. I saw the message about the free preview, and I really cannot resist anything that's free. So I turned it on and David was mesmerized by it and was pointing to the objects on the screen that he knows like bird, ball and other things. It was so neat to watch. David was watching the show, and I was watching him. Maybe when Bryan starts getting a regular paycheck I'll actually subscribe to this one!
I'm starting a play group during the week for any moms and toddlers who want to join in. Here is the link.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
Oh today when we got home from the church, David was in his carseat and when Bryan went around to get him David looked at him, pointed to his cracker and said "craca". So cute. I guess he liked how we responded because he went around for the next twenty minutes saying "craca, craca, craca".
Tomorrow I'm officially starting my weight-loss diet. I'm counting on all of you to keep me accountable! ;)
Tuesday, August 5, 2008
Yes that is my son with oven mitts on his feet. You can thank his Daddy for that. I started with good intentions of trying to get David interested in helping me cook dinner, but you can see where this went.