Site Meter

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Seven Little Known Things About Me

Lovely Amanda tagged me to list seven things about myself that you don't already know.  I'm too lazy to check my previous posts, so I may repeat myself.


1.  Ever since I was a little child, I have to sleep with the covers over both ears.  Amusing I know.  One day a fly flew in my ear and I didn't know.  It sounded like my Mrs. Pac Man game.  I was so mad that someone was using it without me.  I looked all over the house but couldn't find it.  I finally found it and it was off!  Then my sister yelled "Bonnie you have something black in your ear!"  Just then the fly escaped.  But the damage was done and I was scarred for life.

2. Driving to me used to be enjoyable.  Now I see it as a giant obstacle course that I have to maneuver around.  I don't know when that change happened, but it did.  I'm weird.

3. I am terrified of cockroaches.  I can't be in the same room as a live one.  Even if it is dead, I wonder if it is really dead or just playing dead to torture me.  One time (again when I was little) I was trying to kill one and it turned around and came after me.

Man I'm making my childhood sound wonderful, aren't I?

4. I'm gonna copy Amanda on this one.  My birthday is March 21st and I haven't been to Gringo's lately.  I'm just sayin'.

5. Even though I live in Texas, I hate the heat.  I would love to have cool weather all year round.  In fact, during the summer one will rarely see me outside.  I usually hop from my house-to car-to store-to car-to house, with as little walking outside as possible.  If you saw my blinding-white-cancer-prone-freckle-laden beautiful milky-white skin you would understand.

6. I have this thing where if I'm in a group of people, my ears tend to focus on the background noise instead of the person talking to me.  I have to really concentrate and focus on the person in front of me to know what he/she is saying.  I don't know if that is because my mind is always going 90 miles a minute or what.  But I'm not trying to be rude if I tend to go off course in my conversation.

7. I've always wanted to be a mom, and I'm so thankful that I am able to stay at home with my son.  Most days are challenging, and it is the hardest thing I've ever done.  But I wouldn't change one thing.

There you have it.  I'm tagging everyone who reads this!

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm right there with you on the heat. I used to do the same thing when I lived in SC. At least it's not so humid in Tn.!

The Joiners said...

Ewww the fly story creeps me out!! I'm with you on the roaches and heat for sure...